The Chronicles Of April Levesque...VI

You can read the previous parts here. Just scroll down for parts I-V.


"Tch tch. That's not how you talk, querida."
"Stop calling me that. I'm not your anything!", her patience on edge, she yelled at him.
"Really? But this paper says otherwise." he projected to her his same predatory smile. One she was scared of.

"What is that?", she demanded

"Why, it's our marriage certificate, cero."

*

"No! Why have you brought me here? You can't do this to me. No. No, dammit! I won't be your toy!"
He smiled, and held her angry chin up, "Yes, you will.", and he kissed her. 

April, before she could refrain from what was to take place, his mouth was already crashing down on hers. And all hell broke loose. The walls she'd surrounded herself with all her life, broke down. Her senses, her brains, her thinking power - dammit, her bloody basic power all stood numb in front of his kiss. His soul-crashing kiss. 

When he pulled away, she couldn't remember exactly when did her hands snake around his neck and she was kissing him back. She stared back at him in bafflement.

He couldn't believe that any woman could have eyes as beautiful as she did. Their almond shape and the ocean tint was something he fell in love with. Love?, he thought. Duardo didn't do love. Her eyes were just too beautiful to be commonly sighted in every other woman. He was still within an inch of her, and her hands still wrapped around him. He could figure out the citrusy essence of her. 

"You taste nice, cero."
Uncomforted by his remark, she maintained her prior composure. She thought that perhaps if she tried talking to him, she'd know why he's brought her here.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the kiss. And let's just - "
"Sorry? You don't need to be. I enjoyed every moment of it." And he also enjoyed the way her cheeks flushed with colours with every mention of what he'd just said. He'd never witnessed a woman shy away before, which he thought was cute.

"I like it when you blush. It's cute, cero."
Cute? She didn't feel cute. 

"Listen, please. I don't understand why you've brought me here. If there's anything, we can always negotiate.", it took all her strength to stay put.

"Yes, we can, cero. But then it would be in vain, because I would end up winning it. As to your confusion, I've brought you here to marry me."

Even though so obvious, the ring of what he said played havoc with her senses. 
"But why?! And please don't provide me with a stupid love reason."
He laughed at her mere innocence. But he knew better. Better to know that women like her are never naĆÆve. Women who use men for their own good. 

"I don't wish to marry you because of love. See, everything is very simple. My father won't be handing down his empire to me because of my playboy behaviour, and any normal girl, without any ulterior motive other than to spend my money, wouldn't be stupid enough to marry me. You would be easy."
"Easy?", she questioned, with a puzzling look.
"Yes, cero. Easy. I know who you are. You're a spy. Oh, please don't act so shocked. I'm rich enough to have the right resources at the right places. So until and unless, you need your cover blown, you'll do exactly as I tell you.", he said.

"I can always kill you, and run. Don't doubt my ability to do so. I've killed people for much less before."
He grinned, the woman has a nerve.
"I'm not doubting you. But just know that if you do kill me and run, my PI has all the information about you, and the police will then know where to go.", he confessed, holding her arrogant chin up.

April kept staring at him with an open mouth. This had never happened before to her before in life. She was at a loss of options. She couldn't process. She was perspiring. Get hold of yourself, she thought, think think think.

"Listen, I can provide you with whatsoever favours you want. But not this. Not a marriage. I'm a bloody spy! Now, next you'd want me to play all wifey with you!", she was at a loss of breath.

"Too late, cero. I've already made a decision. And believe me, I would hate to blow your cover up, and hand you over to Chenkov's men. I can't allow myself to stay calm on thinking about the things they'd do to you." The revelation startled her. 

"And I know exactly what you were doing in Chenkov's room to get that chip. I know the kind of woman you are."
He touched a nerve there. She wanted to thrash his perfectly formed ass into the steaming engine of his pretty Bentley. 

"What the hell do you mean 'that kind of woman'? I'm a spy and I do what I do to serve my country.", and she rushed out of the car to get her heated head some air.
"Oh,  I know exactly what you do to serve your country. Couldn't you think of a better job to do?"

She tried slapping him, but it seemed he anticipated her move much earlier than she did, and crushed her petite form to himself. 
"I like how your lips are naturally tinted."
Colours gushed to her cheeks.
"Oh, please, cero. Stop with the shying now. We both know you're not a virgin."
"What? I..a.."
"Sshh. Let's go get married, cero. And enough with the negotiations. You don't have another way, and I don't want to hand you over to Chenkov's men. I'd rather keep you to myself. So walk, or be carried."

She stood their numb. Helpless. She looked at her with widened eyes. Her training had taught her everything. It had shaped her into who she was today. But her damn training didn't teach what to do when the world's most beautiful Spaniard is marrying you for his own benefit, at the expense of your identity. 

She silently walked into the church, and within minutes came out newly wedded Mrs. Alvarez. She was silent through all the way back to the hotel.
And Duardo broke the silence, "You know, cero. A silent woman is more dangerous than a quiet woman. And you, are very silent at the moment. Smile, we're married."
She ignored his request for a conversation and continued staring out the window. Duardo smiled into nothingness. This would be a lot more fun than he thought. 

On reaching his suite, he led her inside. He moved past her to attend to an envelope that waited for him. As soon as he brushed past her, with one swift movement, April hit him on his nape. And Duardo lay their like a beautiful corpse, unconscious. April, then, ran.

*

"Marriage certificate? There is no  marriage. I signed and sent you annulment papers. Did you never get them?!" 
"I did, cero. But then it was up to me to annul or marriage or not. So, I didn't."
April glared him in amazement. This man had always brought her trouble.

"Why are you doing this? You got what you wanted a couple of years back. In what universe would you leave me alone?"
"It breaks my heart when you shun me out of your life like I'm not a part of it. I'm still your husband, April."
April. It was the first time he took her name. And she couldn't believe how sexy it sounded in his Spanish accent. 

"April, we're still married, if that's what you need me to spell it out to you. And right now, we're to leave for my home. For the weekend, my father has organised a celebration in honour of my sister's marriage. It's about time you met my family."

She felt as if she would faint, "What?"

"It's been too long since you've been away from me, cero. Time has come to make the world meet my wife."

To be continued...

See you around, companĆØros.
With free time, and lots of plans,
AK.

Comments

Post a Comment

Say Hi, and leave your comments! (:

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Four: Holy Night