BlogMas 2015 Day Fifteen! - Little Black Book

Hello, everybody! And it's BlogMas Day Fifteen!
I finally got a lot of sleep, and the poor thing that my life is, the day I could sleep out to my heart's content, I woke up at half past thirty in the morning like a damn guard dog, staring at my ceiling doing absolutely nothing. But I did make me some frittata, cause I love me some frittata. Basically today was just a chill day, and I did browse through a lot more lists of books that I can read. 2015 lists, mostly.

I'm really onto classics right now, mostly in the tune to relive some of my childhood's best moments when I'd first read Charles Dickens, and Enid Blyton, and Lewis Carroll, and Thomas Hardy, and Emily Brontë, and Mark Twain, and Roald Dahl. My best memories have been with Enid Blyton and Charles Dickens. I can't even count how many times I've literally gotten into trouble for staying up with a torch under my blanket. I also read a lot of Tinkle. Suffice it to say, Suppandi and Shikari Shambu were my favourite. 


My first in Penguin's Little Black Book was number 7, since I'd bought it at the Airport, and that was the only one available, and since I wanted a read of it, I bought it. It was Wailing Ghosts by Pu Songling.

It's short, engaging, and hell of a lot more intriguing than a lot of books I've read in the entirety of my life. I really believe it's a good way to take an hour worth of break and do something really productive and equally relaxing in it. It's hardly forty pages worth, and costs just fifty bucks. That is the best bargain I've come across since Loan-And-Return Books. It's been intricately told, and just because it's a tiny book, it hasn't been treated with a carcass story, and easy handling. It shows as much of a maturity as any good novel would. I whole-heartedly recommend it to you. I'll be starting on numbers 1-5, very soon, and will let you know about them as well. 


Until then.
Also, in case you don't follow me everywhere, you can find me at following places:
Instagram           Twitter
Snapchat: akankshash

http://mattcstokes.com/



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
Ak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Four: Holy Night