BlogMas 2015 Day Three! - Barter

Hello, everybody! And, it's BlogMas Day Three!
I had a great, and a slightly eventful day, as it happens. I went to college today to, finally, submit my copies of dissertation. That was the final step, and it' done! It felt good, felt like a load came off. Honestly, having my copies hard bounded and holding them in my hands still felt heavy at some level. But today, they were gone, and it felt like the last insignificantly tiny step to finish all of the dissertation journey happened. Well, I'm glad.

My yesterday's conversation ended on about simple things. I'm sure all of us at some point has heard, "Those were simpler, happier times."
We really don't let ourselves be a part of our own lives, do we? It's easy to give up, and not love enough or smile enough, or just simply make enough effort. For anything. And it's bloody annoying that I'm stating this again, but, who the hell are we trying to pique? And at what bloody cost? Okay, so let's get the basics out of the way - what do you think impresses people? Money? Gifts? Surprises? Hugs? Dancing? Singing? Kissing? Sex? Position?
And exactly how do you plan on giving all of it to whoever it is you want to give all of this to? Let me tell you. At. Your. Own. Bloody. Cost.
I'm absolutely a person believing in barter system. It's simple (see?). You give, you take - equal amounts. If you're giving everything in return of gaining everything, well then, my friend, you've decoded life, and you have everything. But why do you have to live life bartering with someone else? Why can't you barter with yourself? 

At times, we are so engrossed into unraveling someone in and out, we forget to pay attention to ourselves. And when we do, we only have pennies left to give. That's not how oneself should be behaved with. Yes! Misbehave. We misbehave with ourselves a lot. WE are most impolite to ourselves. And that's not done, guys. 

By the way, I went out to the mall for a bit after submitting my dissertation copies, and indulged. Bought a couple tiny notebooks, a bucket load of candles (I love candles) and went absolutely gonzo in the book shop. I'm not a shopper; absolutely dislike it. 95% times I've shopped whenever I have in my entire life has been for others for gifting purposes. And you know what, I made myself happy. I'd worked hard for my dissertation, and I damn well deserved to have a break, and the most delicious Vanilla Latte with an extra shot of espresso in a beautiful Christmas red cup. 
I did it for myself. ME.

It is, indeed, the simplest thing to do everyday. Smile at yourself in the mirror everyday. Whenever you like, but just do it. Crack yourself a joke, watch a comedy, or dance like a drunk reindeer - but smile for just a second, just for yourself. Begin there, and I promise it'll be easier for you to be nicer to yourself. Just this one simple thing. 

Speaking of smiling, I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.
Until then.
Also, in case you don't follow me everywhere, you can find me at following places:
Instagram           Twitter
Snapchat: akankshash


http://www.centolodigiani.com/



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
Ak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?