BlogMas 2018 Day Fourteen - Dilatory

I keep boarding passes. Always. Even if it's a day trip. This has ended me up with a book splitting at its spine with congruent pieces of paper. It's trivial, really, if I think about it. No matter how many times you've been to the same city, through the same route, doing the same things, something about travelling away creates shifts in you. Tags from fancy restaurants I want to try, coasters from breweries, sketched coffee cups on uncleaned tables. And, I reckon a lot of it has to do with how all of us take to nostalgia. Almost like reading. Almost. And you never realise how much of yourself you knew until you're hit with something unsettling.
This, to me, has always been the best part about being alone most times. It's splendid to experience this with people around - people who still see special and mundane just all the same. But this is where I get selfish. I believe it's very important to save a plethora of experiences all for yourself. You have your vulnerabilities and strengths all to yourself - and some very palpable moments when you realise their dependency on each other. And somewhere in between lies our peace of mind. 
Everyone has knacks. Some of us just need to pay a bit more attention to put a finger on it. To really be able to see ourselves without any filter.

Until then



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?