BlogMas 2018 Day Ten - Gusto

Sometimes you meet people in life when you're hit like a ton of bricks with insurmountable admiration and the will to be like them someday. And it's because of people like them you never seem to forget how easy it is to believe that how much good breathes life into this world. Moms are everywhere. Sometimes in the most unexpected of places. But the funny thing about them is they're versatile like always, to mould themselves to befit any relationship you need - teacher, mentor, friend, confidante, supporter, critic or guardian angel.
Today is Mythili. Who taught me just how important it is to step back when your part has been played, because if you keep filling a glass, it's bound to overflow after a point. She taught me that we're all in some way the gist of something, we just need to intuit and let things unfold. She taught me effortlessly how people can be unabashedly be the most unadulterated versions of themselves if you just let them be - she let me always be. She taught me how important words are at times, and most of all how sometimes the utter lack of it. She taught me, no matter how tough times can get, there'll always be someone rooting for you; or at least someone who's ready to laugh with you on the misery that is life. Mythili to me is like water. I've seen her pour herself into almost every thinkable role in two years. When I asked her what she'd want me to write about, she broke my heart with the most beautiful words anyone had sent me. I will share only some of it, because I'm feeling a tad bit possessive of sharing all of her here. 

"I've watched you, from your earliest days, admired the bright sharp mind with a smile that reaches from your eyes through your heart. Each intern/architect who matures under our eyes is like watching with pride one's kid grow. You have always gladdened my heart immeasurably.
I loved your attempts to draw up the Kota plans in detail. I could see you live the lines..it was thrilling to watch you create enjoyment in what most in the studio avoided. 
Memories of shared jokes, waiting eagerly each year for ‘Blogmas’ that reached inside my phases of sadness and pulled a smile out. 
Of the crazy back and forth of the IIT project, I loved working with you on the team. Between you and Anisha you'll really gave it everything and then those three never ending hours more..where it appeared that the universe on the first floor was aligning against us! 
Wickedly funny, transparent & sensitive, straight and committed..I could see shades of my younger self in you. Could that explain my slightly extra soft corner for you? 
I want you all to experience the life I'm now living..where learning, working hard and enjoying leisure are all present in healthy proportions..where opportunities come knocking, laughter peeps from behind each conversation.. irreverent and irrepressible!"

Until then.



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

A Must Have!