BlogMas 2019 Day Eleven - Opera

"Everything about you separates you from the people in my life"
You said it'll be gnarly, you said it'll be chaotic,
But it'll be a ride,
You said there'll be longings, you said there'll be greed,
But that we'll make it a party,
You said I need to give, you said I need to deplete,
But it'll be all in good taste,
You said you need to lament, you said you need to bruise,
But only because monsters need the most spooning,
You said you're warped, you said I was abundant,
But it all was not unreal,
You said it's not all games, you said I'll do the hurting,
But no one really had a conspicuous plan,
"Only because I've chosen you to hurt me"
You said "I'm His Girl", you said you'll serenade me,
But there wasn't even an orthodox departure,
You said there'll be gestures, you said there'd be plants,
But all I felt was belittling,
You said there'll be time, you said there'll be years,
But all I could feel was the aridity of the barren pages,
You said there'll be theatre, you said there'll be drollery,
But all I found was the genre of whammy,
You said it'll be a new world, you said we'll outfit it together,
You said there'll be answers, you said you were my redemption,
You said there's no history, you said there are no questions,
You said you'll be inexhaustible, you said we'll be art,
But almost two years on, I'm waiting here, and I need my girl.
"I'm only using you to break my heart"

More tomorrow. Until then.

Artist: Hugo & Cat


Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?