BlogMas 2019 Day Nine - LSD

Hello.
Location: Naladehra
Growing up, I've spent a lot of my vacations in mountains. Arriving at them was always shadowy, but dazed feeling always settled inside of me. It wouldn't be until much later that I would notice other people reliving a twinning fuzziness while describing their favourite place. And, that's what favourite places do - they tear you apart. Since I was old enough to cogitate my veins, I realised that the mountains made me want to be left unchaperoned, while also making me want to make someone see what I was seeing. The way you'll always be breathless by the view that awaits you at every crook of a mountain road, is exactly what it does to my insides.

There's no fulfilment that rivals the one I feel each time I reach the mountains; and, there's no helplessness that rivals the one I feel each time that slope gradually ends, and I land on two feet on a loathsome land of uninspiring views. The snow, the nip in the air, the bonfires, the pine needles on your hike-trail, the creeks, and the gorges, the giant white moon, and the millions of stars - they assault my mast all at once, leaving me like a shipwreck in the middle of nowhere.

More tomorrow. Until then.

Source: Feedly.com

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?