BlogMas 2019 Day Twenty - Bomboclaat

Hello.
For everyone who is still under the perception that the amendment is right in its place, and the people who, or whose parents were born before 1987, are safe, then riddle me this - 
Imagine me to be belonging to a Muslim family in a rural setup. The kind where there's hardly any electricity, infrastructure, facilities. The kind where babies are still delivered by untrained, or uneducated doulas - but you get the picture. No hospitals or infrastructure means no birth certificates. No birth certificates means no proof of "ancestry", or citizenship.
What happens to that Muslim family? Better yet, is that family, in this moment even aware of what's coming for them?
This is just one scenario. I can hypothesise multiple others. So, somewhere, in the back of your mind, store it - people are out there in nipping cold, not for kicks. And, the places where the temperature isn't dropping, the circumstances have turned the air arctic.

I was at India Gate, today.
I cannot depict what I saw.
I cannot christen what I felt.
I can't tell you what my country is capable of.
But, if every time you step out, you don't feel a bone-chilling unease, then you're blind.

More tomorrow. Until then.

Artist: Artua

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?