BlogMas Day Fifteen - Chant

Hello.
Just ten days to Christmas.
2015 was the first BlogMas year, while I was still in college, and through the years 2016-18, I was working. There was always a deadline, or a holdup with a few days every year. I used to post by a couple of days late, but I've always covered through the backlogs.(big wonk here, this is unhealthy)
 This year, no pressure, no deadlines, no delays with the posts, and let me tell you this was more tedious than the previous ones because I've been steady. Daily blogging is no joke. There's been certainly more urgency in making sure there's enough ease for me to share as much as I can through the posts, everything that's been going on in my life for the year. When you miss a day, there's always an undertone of guilt you feel, while contemplating about the many things you wanted to write about. And, that indirect guilt made finding content to talk about relatively easier. 
But, as the tradition of every BlogMas goes, I'll keep today simple with a Rewind.

"...drove the car into the garden,
You got out and said I'm sorry,
To the vines and no one saw it..."

"...singing in the old bars,
Swinging with the old stars,
Living for the fame...
Kissing in the blue dark,
Playing pool and wild darts..."

"...my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends,
And all my black beaches,
My celluloid dreams are torn at the seams,
And I fall to pieces..."

"...all I need is us,
You turn the nouns into verbs, to verbs,
Where did love go?..."

"When you lit that pipe,
It caused me a terrible fright,
The flame burned my hand,
I kicked my leg, you took my hand..."

"...when you press me to your heart,
I'm in a world apart,
A world where roses bloom..."

"...you are what I need is to romance,
Baby I know,
But I don't recall,
Why I'm so weak, you so strong..."

"Wouldn't you agree?
There's someone in my head,
but it's not me, The devil's trapped in my body,
I've tried and tried to stop before,
But I will never leave, because I..."

"...some whispers around the trees,
The juniper bends,
As if you were listening..."

"...but there's a full moon risin',
Let's go dancing in the light,
We know where the music's playin',
Let's go out and feel the night,
Because I'm still in love with you..."

"...you whisper "GoodMorning",
So gently in my ear,
I'm coming home to you, baby..."

"...understand the toil of expectations in your mind,
Hold me like you never lost your patience,
Tell me that you love me more than hate me all the time,
And you're still mine..."

"...maybe we'll end up the ones eating chocolate chip pancakes next to a charity swimming pool,
The next time I see you will probably be in some quote, unquote "Upscale tropical funeral",
I dreamed that's what Nina Simone said to her lover..."

You can check out the previous BlogMas Rewinds below.
2015   2016   2017   2018
I know previous years had some of my Hindi favourites, as well, but they're always constant, and unbeatable. This year was more melody, more lyrics, more funk.
More tomorrow. Until then.


Artist: Neil Verhavert
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

A Must Have!

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?