Blogmas 2020 Day Eighteen: Cool Yule

Some people over the years have asked me if I take other people's opinion into consideration before writing what I do. The fact of the matter is, the answer to that question is a hard no. A lot of the things said here might matter to a lot of people. But, it's written mainly because they matter to me.

I'm a bit on the fence about how abashed I am about not being amenable enough toward myself  earlier. I reckon subconsciously, for almost an eon, I believed it to be imperative for a certain amount of us trying to be a part of the same race, to be exactly the same, cookie-cut people. And, a lot of times I took cues from anyone, and everyone around me. Until a point came when a genuine reaction from me seemed confusing enough to know if it really was me anymore, or not. I abhor the thought that I put my mind through that, at all. Abhor even more, that it took me so long to gather that I didn't have to like myself at any point of time, as long as I loved me enough to keep working on me. 

It takes a while to fathom, but being inspired isn't all it's cracked up to be; at least, not the way we were taught to be. I was introduced to the works of this stunning artist by my boss today. To say I was moved by it, would be a vast understatement. The old me would probably have been jealous, and livid at not being able to do everything that man could. But, I was agape. To a lot of us, inspiration is taught as the process to adopt everything good, and bold about a person. Someone forgot to add the process about learning from it, instead of adopting it. I saw this artist's works, and all I could think of was the brilliance of his growth, and evolution. Sure, in the foreground, all things seem beautiful. Though, barely a handful want to go scouring about the struggle underneath it all.
And, it's one of the reasons I feel, I fell in love with being a designer. There's a story waiting to be revealed about everything. We only look for it.

So, no. I write about what matters to me. Because, for the longest time I dubbed my voice down. And, it has a lot to share.

More tomorrow. Until then.

Artist: Peter Karim

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,
A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas 2020 Day Twenty Three: 27

Blogmas 2020 Day One: Another, Please?

A Must Have!